How to do the 'Dougie'
Best Songs to Dougie to: “Teach me How to Dougie? - Cali Swag District.
- When Music Starts, step right, step left, step right, step right again.
- Step left, step right, step left, step left again.
- Once you get these basic steps down, now involve the arms, head and the shoulders.
- While doing the basic foot step moves, lean back and look over each shoulder.
- Look over your right shoulder when you take a step to the right and look over your left shoulder as you step to the left.
How to improve your Dougie Dance
- Now include your arms in the mix. At the same time you look over your shoulders (left and right), mime a paw with your hand and push your face to the left and the right without actually touching your face. Keep your elbows close to your body.
- As you do this, your head has to be in sync with your arm movements so it almost looks like you’re shaving.
- Your basic steps with your head and arm movements must be in sync with each other.
- Now, you can do variations like the inside arm role and the side hair brush, while you move side to side.
- Finally as you move side to side lower one shoulder and then the other one, vary it up.
- With these basic steps, you can put your own style and touch on the Dougie dance. Have Fun!